Yesterday (aka “Allocation Day”) the NWSL released the list of where the 55 National Team players would be playing and within seconds reactions started pouring in. One of the main goals of the NWSL News is to help spread the word about women’s soccer and the properly do so we will make sure to highlight NWSL news posted on the web even if we aren’t the source. So with that said, here are some initial reactions on “Allocation Day”:
– ESPNW.com takes a look at the whole allocation process and gives some insight on the players
– Julie Foudy believes Portland won the NWSL Allocation Day but FC Kansas City came in a close second
– NBCSports.com posts their “Winners and losers from Friday’s NWSL Allocation”
– Seattle Times has a post-allocation chat with Seattle’s GM about losing Alex Morgan and Veronica Perez and also her thoughts on Morgan teaming up with Christine Sinclair
– NBCSports.com also looks at Seattle’s GM reaction to Alex Morgan being allocated to Portland
– Bleacher Report gives their thoughts on how each team fared
– OurGameMagazine.com’s team by team breakdown
– SoccerNation.com’s report on the allocation
– WashingtonPost.com takes a closer look at how the Washington Spirit did in the allocation
– SportingNews.com says the winners of the allocation were Portland and Seattle
– SBNation.com proclaims Portland as the winner of the allocation
– KansasCity.com looks at how FC Kansas City fared and also mentions that the team has done a little free agent work
– Walking the Red thinks FC Kansas City “hit the Canadian defensive jackpot”
– AllWhiteKit.com breaks down Washington Spirit’s allocation.
– Equalizer Soccer does a team by team analysis of Friday’s allocation..
– Equalizer Soccer names Portland Thorns FC the early favorite.
– Nutmeg Incorporated posted their team by team analysis including what needs each team will need to fill during the draft and free agency.
If we happened to miss something please let us know in the comments below and we will add it to this list.