We have hit the under 14 days mark before the NWSL officially opens up their inaugural season and five of the eight teams were in action last night. The NWSL finished the night going 5-0 and scoring 14 goals while only allowing two.
Western New York Flash 4, The Ohio State University 0
Goals: Samantha Kerr, Adriana (2), Veronica Perez
– The Flash have outscored their opponents 14-0 in their first three matches of the preseason.
Washington Spirit 2, Univ. of North Carolina 0
Goals: Caroline Miller, Tiffany McCarty
– The Sprit were the first team in the league to live video stream a match. There was a point in the game that over 500 people were watching.
– Announced attendance was 1,725
Chicago Red Stars 2, Houston Aces 1
Goals: Lori Chalupny (2)
FC Kansas City 4, Univ. of Kansas 0
Goals: Renae Cuellar, Courtney Jones, Casey Loyd, [KU own goal]
– Casey Loyd, making her first appearance for FCKC after being signed last week, scored on a 30 yard blast to the upper-right of the goal. Loyd entered the match 30 seconds prior, received the ball on a throw-in, dribbled a few steps and shot.
Portland Thorns FC 2, Portland Pilots 1
Goals: Danielle Foxhoven, Allie Long
– Announced attendance was 4,892.
– Photographer Luke Fritz (@LukeFritz64) posted some shots of fans waiting in line one hour prior to kick-off [shot 1, shot 2]. Also take a look at this Twitter timeline for some more shots from the match itself.
– The Thorns FC provided the following highlight video from last night’s match: