From what we’ve heard teams will start announcing their free agent signings early next week with most teams already coming to terms with the maximum of four free agents … now on to tonight’s NWSL News Recap:
– Carli Lloyd (Western New York Flash) was named to the Rutgers Hall of Distinguished Alumni Class of 2013.
– Hope Solo held a press conference in Seattle to talk about the upcoming season and her career and here are a few highlights
- Solo plans on playing for the USWNT for another three to four years and make it to at least another World Cup and possibly Olympics.
- Solo believes that the league will work “but we have to start small and build and build and build … It starts somewhere. I have to be realistic. There’s gonna be lots of bumps along the way.”
– Bill Predmore, Seattle Reign FC‘s owner, also spoke at the press conference and mentioned that the NWSL schedule should be out around mid-February.
– Portland Thorns FC‘s owner Merritt Paulson tweeted that the team has 5,000+ season ticket holder deposits and is hoping to average 10,000 fans per game.
– Philly SportsLive has a profile on the FC Kansas City Blues
– The Daily Athenaeum has a profile of Western New York Flash‘s Bry McCarthy
– The Ann Arbor News has an article of Haley Kopmeyer, Seattle Reign FC‘s fourth round pick in the NWSL Draft
REMEMBER: If you read any good NWSL news that you want to share please feel free to drop us an email or Tweet us a link (@NWSLNews). The same goes for all the authors out there … if you have a new piece that was published please let us know and we’ll get it added to our nightly recaps. Helping spread women’s soccer MORE THAN ONE BLOG AT A TIME.