First off, before we get into the NWSL news, we wanted to congratulate @MorganEAndrews over at The Equalizer for winning in the High School Student Writer at the NSCAA convention for her post on the U-17 qualifications in Guatemala City.
On the NWSL news front there were a few interesting stories posted today …
– The Boston Breakers hinted on Twitter today that they have agreed to terms with two free agents and will be announcing them soon. We did notice that Joanna Lohman responded to a fan’s Tweet asking the Breakers what they thought to having her and Lianne Sanderson on the team.
– Tom Sermanni released the names of the 29 players invited the USWNT training camp for the team’s upcoming matches in February. It was in this release that we found out … Tobin Heath will be playing for PSG until at least May … Amy LePeilbet (Chicago Red Stars) still has a lingering knee injury … FC Kansas City’s #1 draft pick Kristie Mewis was the only NWSL rookie to be called into camp.
– Tiffany Weimer posted her list of players she’d like to see play in the NWSL over at Our Game Magazine.
– Buffalo.com posted an interview with Western New York Flash coach Aaran Lines in which the coach discusses how the draft played out for the Flash.
– Dan Lauletta from The Equalizer talks about how FC Kansas City‘s Kristie Mewis could provide an immediate impact this season.
– The next Twitter #WSoccerChat will be THIS SATURDAY at 11:00AM EST. The main topic will be NWSL Free Agency. #WSoccerChat is hosted by former WPS players Ella Masar and Yael Averbuch (who got an invite to the USWNT training camp today!) … the last two #WSoccerChat’s have been Twitter trending topics!
REMEMBER: If you read any good NWSL news that you want to share please feel free to drop us an email or Tweet us a link (@NWSLNews). The same goes for all the authors out there … if you have a new piece that was published please let us know and we’ll get it added to our nightly recaps. Helping spread women’s soccer MORE THAN ONE BLOG AT A TIME.