NWSL news recap for January 15, 2013
With the NWSL Draft just a few days away, most of the league’s front offices have converged on Indianapolis for the NSCAA Convention, but that doesn’t mean today was a slow news day for the league. Word on the street (or in this case, the web) is that the first free agent signing has already happened but has not been officially announced yet. Any thoughts on who and where? Let us know in the comments below.
Now that we teased you with that news tidbit, here’s some more news from around the league:
- Soccer Banter spoke with some college coaches about the NWSL and their thoughts on how it plays into the development of young players
- FC Kansas City announced that there will be a meet and greet with Becky Sauerbrunn this Saturday following the KC Comets match.
- ESPN has a nice piece on Abby Wambach and how she is fully committed to the league and its success
- The Equalizer has an interesting post looking back at the WUSA allocation and comparing it to the NWSL allocation
- Democrat and Chronicle wrote a column talking about Abby Wambach and her privacy and expectations while in New York.
REMEMBER: If you read any good NWSL news that you want to share please feel free to drop us an email or Tweet us a link (@NWSLNews). The same goes for all the authors out there … if you have a new piece that was published please let us know and we’ll get it added to our nightly recaps. Helping spread women’s soccer MORE THAN ONE BLOG AT A TIME.